Together with our partners, HII-C iteratively builds and refines concrete proof-of-concept, cloud-native health systems architectures and software applications.
This combination is intended to evolve into a reference framework for deployment of clinical applications in complex, hybrid cloud environments.
Our vision is to grow this into an increasingly robust development environment, working closely with emerging initiatives by standards development organizations (such as HL7 and OMG) and interoperability consortia (such as CommonWell, Center for Medical Interoperability, Healthcare Services Platform Consortium, Argonauts) to formalize and promote a national architectural models for interoperable health IT services.
As HII-C grows, we expect to provide services to facilitate pre-production development and business development/incubator activities.
Key elements of our approach include:
- Establishing and expanding key partnerships – healthcare organizations, public/government entities, standards/interoperability consortia, academia, and commercial entities
- Solving meaningful health IT problems on our testbed architecture and data sources.
- Contributing to definition of a formal reference architecture through consortia and SDO activities
- Building and using an evolving reference infrastructure based on the formal architecture
- Establishing an application development framework that supports the infrastructure
- Attracting developers to work on infrastructure, services, knowledge modeling, and users applications.